As a Content Marketing Manager (and first marketing hire), you are responsible for creating and distributing content about Playlister and church leadership. Since our launch in 2019, Playlister has grown from a side project of our CTO to a platform that thousands of churches around the world rely on to run their ministries.
Before Playlister, a Kids Ministry leader used to have to mess with complicated tools and run USB sticks to all their TVs every week. If they wanted to put videos online, they had to use editing software that is complicated to understand. Kids Pastors are stretched too thin between church at-home and church in-person. Playlister is the way you get both of these tasks done - all by just building a playlist each week.
The backbone of our success is communication with our customers and audience. Since customer No.1 in 2018, our founders, Grant and Chris have been the only team members focused on marketing. In that time they created a podcast, Facebook group, and robust blog with customer video interviews.
You’ll do great as our first marketing hire if you want to:
- Work at a high-growth technology startup. We are a fast-growing, venture-backed startup, and COVID-19 has increased our momentum. We added 3,500 new churches in the last year alone.
- Provide an excellent customer experience. If you obsess over improving people’s lives with technology, you’ve come to the right place. We believe the future of the church depends on technology and methodologies used in enterpuership.
- Personally learn and expand your horizons. The Playlister team has built hundreds of apps, read countless books, and always aims to share our knowledge with our team members.
- Embrace responsibility and make an impact. Website traffic, NPS, customer engagement, and new sales leads are all heavily influenced by content marketing. You’ll have a direct impact (and the chance to improve on!) on the most important metrics we measure at Playlister.
We’ll be especially excited to work with you if:
- You are biased towards action. You’ll be responsible for making improvements to our overall sales process. If you are thinking about making a change, you’ll do it asap and measure the results.
- You have experience with Adobe Creative Suite, posting as a known brand to Facebook and Twitter, and podcasting tools
- You are self-motivated and self-reliant. You can start and manage your own tasks and you always Google your questions before asking for help
- You are an excellent communicator. You will be responsible for explaining the future of the church to a large audience. Clear and cordial communication is essential to ensure that more interested customers come to the Playlister website.