Business Development Representative (BDR)
January 5, 2021
$41,265/yr + performance bonuses & commission + benefits
As a Business Development Representative, you are responsible for the happiness of Playlister’s rapidly growing customer base. Since our launch in 2019, Playlister has grown from a side project of our CTO to a platform that thousands of churches around the world rely on to run their ministries.
Before Playlister, a Kids Ministry leader used to have to mess with complicated tools and run USB sticks to all their TVs every week. If they wanted to put videos online, they had to use editing software that is complicated to understand. Kids Pastors are stretched too thin between church at-home and church in-person. Playlister is the way you get both of these tasks done - all by just building a playlist each week.
The backbone of our success is communication with our customers. Since customer No.1 in 2018, our founders, Grant and Chris have been the only Business Development Representatives. In that time we've added 850 customers with an all-time conversion rate of 14%. We attribute our success to our fast response time to customer requests and questions.
You’ll do great as a Business Development Representative if you want to:
- Work at a high growth technology startup. We are a fast-growing, venture-backed startup, and COVID-19 has increased our momentum. We added 3,500 new accounts in the last year alone.
- Provide an excellent customer experience. If you obsess over improving people’s lives with technology, you’ve come to the right place.
- Personally learn and expand your horizons. The Playlister team has built hundreds of apps, read countless books, and always aims to share our knowledge with our team members.
- Embrace responsibility and make an impact. NPS, churn, customer engagement, and sales are all heavily influenced by customer support. You’ll have a direct impact (and the chance to improve on!) the most important metrics we measure at Playlister.
We’ll be especially excited to work with you if:
- You are bias towards action. You’ll be responsible for making improvements to our overall sales process. If you are thinking about making a change, you’ll do it asap and measure the results.
- You have experience with Zendesk, Zoom, and Close.io (or are excited to learn this!)
- You are self-motivated and self-reliant. You can start and manage your own tasks and you always Google your questions before asking for help
- You are an excellent communicator. You will be responsible for explaining technical problems to people over 60 years old. Clear and cordial communication is essential to ensure that support inquiries are resolved and the customer feels good about the result.