Looking for a way to spruce up the energy at your kids’ ministry? Look no further. We have gathered 100 of the best Bible questions and answers for kids to blend Bible study with fun and excitement. Bring a splash of energy into your ministry this Sunday with child Bible trivia!
Here are 40 easy Bible trivia questions for kids:
1. How many commandments are there?
There are ten commandments
2. Name three of the ten commandments.
Child can choose any three from:
- I am the Lord your God. You shall not have strange gods before me.
- You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
- Remember to keep holy the Sabbath day.
- Honor your father and your mother.
- You shall not kill.
- You shall not commit adultery.
- You shall not steal.
- You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
- You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife.
- You shall not covet your neighbor’s goods.
3. What’s the first book in the Bible?
Genesis is the first book in the Bible
4. How many of each animal came onto the ark? Why?
Two of each animal came onto the ark so the species could continue
5. Who built the ark?
Noah built the ark
6. When did Jesus rise from the dead?
Jesus rose from the dead on Easter Sunday
7. Who were the first people God created?
Adam and Eve were the first humans created by God
8. Who betrayed Jesus?
Judas betrayed Jesus
9. For how many days and nights did Jesus fast?
Jesus fasted for forty days and forty nights
10. Why did Adam and Eve get expelled from the Garden of Eden?
They were expelled because Adam and Eve took a bite of the forbidden fruit
11. For how many days was Jesus in the tomb?
Jesus was in the tomb for three days
12. What happened on Palm Sunday?
On Palm Sunday Jesus entered Jerusalem on a donkey, just before his death
13. Who baptized Jesus?
John the Baptist baptized Jesus
14. What is the common name of the first four books in the New Testament?
The first four books are commonly known as The Gospels
15. Where was Jesus crucified?
Jesus was crucified in Jerusalem
16. How many apostles did Jesus have?
Jesus had 12 apostles
17. Which is the most sold book in the world?
The Bible is the most sold book
18. Where did Jesus grow up?
Jesus grew up in Nazareth
19. Who were the ten commandments given to?
Moses received the ten commandments
20. Who was given the coat of many colors?
Joseph was given the coat with many colors
21. What sea did Jesus calm in the storm?
He calmed the Sea of Galilee
22. How many times did Peter deny Jesus?
Peter denied Jesus three times
23. What language was the Bible originally written in?
The Bible was originally written in Hebrew
24. What did Joseph do for work?
Joseph was a carpenter
25. Why did God send the ten plagues?
He sent them because the Pharaoh would not set the Israelites free
26. What did God use to create Eve?
He used the rib of Adam to create Eve
27. Who were the first children on this Earth?
Cain and Abel were the first children born on this Earth
28. Who did God appear to as a burning bush on the mountain of God?
God appeared to Moses as a burning bush
29. How many books are in the Bible?
There are a total of 66 books in the Bible
30. What does the word Gospel mean?
Gospel means ‘good news’
31. What did God create on the second day?
On the second day, God created the sky
32. How did Jesus die?
Jesus was crucified – he died on the cross.
33. Who was the King of Judea when Jesus was born?
Herold the Great
34. After Jesus was arrested, which apostle disowned him?
Peter disowned Jesus after he was arrested
35. What did Jesus turn into wine?
Jesus turned water into wine
36. With what food did Jesus feed the 5000?
He fed the 5000 with bread and fish
37. Who was killed by their brother?
Cain killed his brother Abel
38. Who fought the giant, Goliath?
David fought Goliath
39. Where was Moses born?
Moses was born in Egypt
40. Who wrote the book of revelation?
John was the author of the book of revelation
Bonus Question: How many fish did Jesus have to feed the 5000?
Jesus only had two fish to feed the 5000
These trivia questions are an ideal way to add excitement to your children’s ministry while learning important facts about the Bible too! Set it up as a fun activity and let your students share their Biblical knowledge, so you know just how well you have taught them. If you have been covering something specific in class with your curriculum, why not incorporate a few other questions that are relevant to what you have been working on?
Use kids' Bible trivia questions to transform Bible study into a game and play it as often as you want. Whether you include ten easy Bible questions for kids every Sunday or have one mega-quiz to test their knowledge, you can incorporate these into your classes effortlessly. Have fun with children’s Bible trivia!
Check out this great bible games below:
Top 10 Sunday School Games
Are you looking for more ideas and curriculum to use in your rooms? First step might be to evaluate the type of content you have running in your kids ministry.
Check out this great bible trivia video below: